We are a specialist independent trustee company and as such our role is critical to the success of a scheme. SSASs are complex pension vehicles and our involvement ensures that members achieve their objectives without falling foul of pensions and tax legislation.
Our key functions include the following:
- Establishing the SSAS and effecting any changes or amendments to the scheme.
- Registering the scheme with HMRC.
- Establishing and maintaining the scheme bank account.
- Administering the scheme and its investments.
- Technical support concerning all aspects of the scheme and its administration, both with the members of the scheme and with authorised interested parties, such as financial advisers and accountants.
- Keeping a record of all scheme transactions and investments, to enable the production of asset statements for the fund as well as details of how the scheme is allocated between its members.
- Producing an Annual Report for the scheme, which summarises what has happened during the year, the assets and how they are allocated between the members.
- Determining and arranging payment of Member Benefits and Death Benefits.
- Completing all necessary returns to HMRC, including the Pension Scheme Return and Event Report.
Ultimately, our role is to deliver a pension vehicle which enables our clients to achieve their personal and business objectives without having to become pensions experts.